Lena Tancredi was born in Brazil in 1969. She has been living in Ibiza since 1990. She is an artist and Yoga teacher.
She started practicing yoga following a paralysis caused by a thermal shock that mainly affected half of her face. The doctor recommended, apart from acupuncture and other techniques for recover, the practice of yoga. This is how she started to recover and regain all the movements of her face. But, she also discovered a big passion of this philosophy in life, which years later made her become a teacher.
Through yoga, she has been changing her habits and her way of thinking. Her desire in teaching yoga is to share the art of yoga that has changed her life, and brought joy, grace, strength, inner peace, beauty, and a sense of empowerment in all that she does.
She is a certified Hatha yoga teacher with a diploma recognized internationally. She studied Yoga and Ayurveda in India, Haridwar at Baba Santosh Puri Ashram. She also did trainings in Nidra Yoga , Yin and Yang Yoga and different Meditation Techniques.
In 2011 Lena founded Sunset Mountain Ibiza Yoga Retreat and dedicated herself in teaching exclusively yoga retreats reaching a number of more than 23 weekly retreats each year.
During the winter months Lena travels sharing her workshops around the world and offer retreats in Costa Rica.
Lena’s Philosophy of Teaching
- Lena is a very open hearted person and loves to connect with her students individually.
- There is an incredible amount of sharing and caring, along with laughing and playing in her classes. She has a great energy and a gift for communication with a big sense of humor.
- Lena’s fun yet focussed and comprehensive approach always creates a strong sense of unity among the students.
- The goal is to open the heart and feel the connection between all of us!
- She will be waiting for you with a big smile in her face and full of enthusiasm to share with you what she most loves in life.