Kobido is a form of Japanese facial massage which aims to rejuvenate the face, preventing and reducing the impact of the aging process.
It visibly improves the appearance of the skin, provides brightness and a more uniform tone,removes and prevents wrinkles, reduces eye bags and provides great hydration to the skin.
The origin of Kobido (in Japanese, 古 美 道, “ancient way of beauty”) dates back to the fifteenth century, and the legend says it was a treatment reserved exclusively for the Imperial family and the most noble and wealthy families in Japan.
According to the philosophy of Kobido, in line with the Eastern traditions, beauty is the result of a perfect balance between physical, emotional and spiritual health. Kobido’s old and refined techniques seek to maintain and restore harmony in these three branches.
The Deep massage combines percussive movements, kneading and sequences of fast movements on the surface of the skin that activate the blood circulation, oxygenating the blood and transporting other nutrients to regenerate the cells. At the same time it stimulates the collagen and elasticity of the skin in a natural way.
Lymphatic drainage in the face and shoulders: using sweeping movements and applying subtle pressure toxins and impurities are removed through the lymphatic system.
Shiatsu works with the meridians of the face and skull applying acupressure to stimulate pressure points activating the flow of ‘Chi’ or energy and restoring balance.
* Improves hydration, elasticity and suppleness of the skin of the face and neck.
* Liberates blocked tension in the facial muscles and the neck.
* Stimulates blood circulation, oxygenating the tissues that carry nutrients.
* Prevents and progressively reduces bags or dark patches under the eyes,
wrinkles and expression lines.
* Reduces age spots and thinning of the skin.
* Eliminates toxins from the face and aging of the tissues.
* Stimulates the metabolism of the cells regenerating the cells and facial tissues.
* Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
* Reduces jaw pain. (bruxism)
* Alleviates headaches and migraines.
* Provokes a state of relaxation, peace and harmony.
The result is a more bright and toned face as well as a sensation of relaxation,
balance and harmony.
You can book a Kobido session with our therapist Sabina during your stay at our retreat.